Friday, July 24, 2009

Spring Trip to Virginia

These posts are long overdue...since our it was our "spring" trip to Virgina and it is now almost the end of summer. But, I figured I need to log these memories somewhere as I am way behind on my own scrapbooking. This photo was taken during our bike ride at First Landing State Park in Virgina Beach. This park was very interesting. We went from riding in a swamp like area to what seemed like the pridelands of Africa to the Atlantic Ocean. It was a great adventure with the family.

This is in Colonial Williamsburg. Yes, people dress up in old-time clothing and sit in oxen pulling carts. It is a pretty cool place to be. You feel like you are back hundreds of years ago. It's my second time there and I still enjoy it!
The day we headed to Colonial Williamsburg we were going to ride our bikes around. However, as you can see, it was a little wet. The rest of our trip was sunny and warm. We rounded out our trip with spending Mother's Day with Austin's mom, a visit with Austin's Granny for her 91st birthday, a little yard work, and a lot of relaxation (including a great massage that Austin's mom surprised us with). Looking forward to our next visit!

No comments: