Sunday, June 15, 2008

Birthday Celebration!




I celebrated by 27th birthday last week. I can't believe how the years just fly by. Anyway, as most of you know, I've been trying to do something different and unique the past few birthdays. Skydiving on my 25th, finished a marathon for my 26th, and this year, something a little different.

I realized that the past few years have been about me, so this year, I wanted to make my birthday a day of giving back. I had some great friends join me for a clean-up day at a middle school in LA. We were weeding a garden area and doing maintenance on the landscape. A lot needed to get done, but with all the volunteers part of the LA Works organization the place looked great! It felt so good to get up in the morning and celebrate my birthday with family and friends doing something for someone else. It was so rewarding and definitely different.

We rewarded ourselves with a nice picnic lunch that Austin had prepared for everyone. We headed to the beach and enjoyed the sunshine and ocean breeze. Plus, Austin was so sweet, he made a CD of songs that were uplifting and inspiring as party favors for all who attended. I am grateful for all the wonderful people I have in my life who are willing to spend a day working hard in the sun to celebrate my birthday. The day was perfect, I couldn't ask for anything more.

3 comments:

AngiDe said...

Happy Birthday Tiff! You are so inspiring to me, what a great way to spend your birthday, I would have never have thought of something like that. You are amazing!!

Kristy said...

Tiff, You are such an example to everyone. Most of us would never do that for their birthdays. Hope you had a good one.

Kristy

KINDER LOVE said...

Your amazing, I love ya! Happy Belated Birthday! Our trip to Cali has been pushed to sept!