Sunday, November 2, 2008

ACL



Austin City Limits is one of the largest music festivals around. If you have ever watch Austin City Limits on PBS, the live version is 3 days of nonstop music. 8 stages and over a hundred bands played from 10-10 at Zilker Park in Austin, TX. I had the great pleasure of visiting my good friend Crystal who moved to Austin about 1 1/2 years ago and enjoying this great event. Crystal, her sister Tiffany and friend Lisa had a fantastic time. I saw everyone from Vampire Weekend to Beck to Allison Krause and Robert Plant to The Swell Season to Eryka Badu to Blues Traveler to John Fogerty to Gnarls Barkley to Band of Horses and the headliner The Foo Fighters. The weather wasn't too hot, thank goodness and being outside was a great time minus all the dust.

Also during my visit, I had some time to enjoy exploring downtown Austin. The campus of University Texas was beautiful and my explorations to the capitol building and museums were exciting. One of the favorite areas we visited was South Congress. It was an ecclectic area with great restaurants, fun shops, and an awesome candy store.


Austin was a wonderful city to visit and I'm looking forward for my next trip there. Hopefully Austin can go with my next time so Austin can be in Austin :) I know, that's cheesy.

2 comments:

AngiDe said...

That music festival sounds like so much fun! What a blast! I hear Austin is a great place to live.

Ashley said...

Did you go all 3 days to the music festival? It sounds like it was so much fun! All of those people in one place...how awesome. If you go again let me know! I finally made a blog so check it out at ashleyleo.blogspot.com