Sunday, November 2, 2008
So. Cal Adventures
Austin's parents made a visit to So. Cal and we had some fun experiences. Just take a look at this German pancake. It took about 30 minutes to cook, but once it came out...it was worth taking a picture of and then we devoured it!
As part of our many adventures, we were able to take part in a San Diego Padres game as part of Austin's parents high school reunion. Petco Park is an awesome park! The view you see is downtown San Diego. It looks like a movie set to me...but this is the real thing.
You know there are crazy fun things in Hollywood. Donna and Jim look fantastic in these hip sunglasses. Yes, some people actually wear these while walking and driving. Don't think it is the safest thing to do, but then again it's all about the look, right?!
We toured all around downtown LA. This is the Walt Disney Concert Hall designed by Frank Ghery a board member for Austin's school Sci-Arc. We had taken the train from our house to Union Station, had lunch in El Pueblo (Little Mexico City) and walked up and down the streets of LA. I had a great time and saw many, many things I did not know were hidden downtown.
It was so nice to have Jim and Donna visiting. We took them to the Getty Villa in Malibu, had dinner at Inn of the Seventh Ray, this absolutely delicious organic fine dining restaurant up Topanga Canyon, and had lunch at the Santa Monica Airport where we were able to watch the little planes take off from the view at our table. Fun, fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was going to comment on how long your hair has gotten, but then I read that you cut it and donated it! I don't think I've ever seen you with that long of hair. You should post pictures on your blog of what your hair looks like now that it is cut. Looks like you had a great week!
Kristy
Hey Tiff,
Question: last christmas you made a matchbook card.... remember? anyway, I was wondering if i could use your idea for our christmas cards this year? I loved it so much that i would love to do one too.
Let me know what you think.
xoxox
Hi Tiff - your blog is great, I am jealous! I have so little time to blog it is ridiculous, besides the fact that we still have dial-up so it is literally impossible (but hey, it's free!) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, thank you for the card, you are always so talented. Hope you guys have a wonderful new year. You should sign up on facebook so we could talk sometime. Take care,
Mary
Post a Comment